It’s that time of year. Yep, time to move the clocks. And while you are at it, make sure that you also change the batteries in your smoke detectors. Make sure to check your preparedness kit and that everything is still working or in date. We never know when an emergency can occur, just ask the folks in the Northeast who are dealing with the devastating effects of Hurricane Sandy.
Tonight, early tomorrow as we get ready to “Fall Back” we will be testing our smoke alarms to make sure they are still in good working order and we will be changing the batteries even though they may still seem ok. Why do we do this? Because, I would rather have the peace of mind KNOWING that the batteries won’t die and fail us when/if we need them. And we can use the batteries we remove in other devices that we don’t depend on to save our lives. We stocked up on Energizer Max batteries earlier in the week just for this purpose. Why Energizer? Because they last. They are dependable. And this is one instance that I am not willing to sacrifice quality to save a few pennies.
Today also marks the 25th anniversary of the annual Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program. Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are once again working with local fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes. Did you know that thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.*
So PLEASE – remember to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when you set your clocks back – it could help save a life. YOURS!
AND, thanks to Energizer, one lucky reader will win a Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote containing:
· Two packages of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 10 years
· One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
· One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
· One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
The total value of the Family Safety Kit is approximately $78 per kit.
Also, through tomorrow November 4, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day for 25 days. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $150 is:
· One reusable grocery tote
· Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
· One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
· One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology
· Two Energizer flashlights
· Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
· One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
In addition you can find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet.
The Change Your Clock Change Your Battery®program is just one of the ways Energizer brings to life the company’s commitment to making a positive impact in communities across the country. that’s positivenergy™ For more information, please visit energizer.com and facebook.com/energizerbunny.
* Fire statistics were obtained from reports by the Fire Analysis and Research Division of the National Fire Protection Association.
”Thank you to Energizer for supplying some of the information to help facilitate this post. I was also supplied with a promotional item in thanks for my participation. All opinions are those of my own.”