The Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games are upon us and athletes are clamoring for high performance warm-up suits and other gear to give them a competitive advantage. For the first time ever, babies of Team USA will experience a gold-medal moment by sporting their own high performance gear – Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max! Pampers’ new diaper is of such high performance, that the Team USA athletes and their babies will be equipped with the diapers as they head to Vancouver. In honor of these athletes and their families, Pampers has created specially-branded Team USA diapers with the Dry Max technology.
Although these limited-edition Team USA diapers will not be for sale, parents can request a free sample three-pack of Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max on Pampers.com starting January 29. If this sample includes a Team USA diaper (they will be randomly inserted in select sample packs), their baby will win a one year supply of Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max.
Celebrating Babies as Professional Players
While the world is joining together to recognize the world’s best athletes in Vancouver, Pampers has partnered with Team USA to celebrate the best players in the worldTM – babies! When you see a babies’ passion and dedication to play, you see that they, in fact, ARE the best players in the world (and even surpass some worldclass adult players). After repeatedly observing how they love to challenge themselves to continually improve their skills, we at Pampers felt that babies should be recognized and celebrated in the same forum as the most elite athletes – and that’s why we created such a high performance diaper to help them play on and on.
Did you Know?
* A nine-month old baby can crawl up to 400 meters in 20 minutes (Learning to Keep Balance. Karen Adolph, Dept of Psychology, New York University)
* A cruising baby in one day can take as many steps as a marathon runner in a race (O’Malley, M. “Normalization of temporal-distance parameter in pediatric gait” J. Biomechanics 29, 619-625, 1996)
* A baby can fall up to 300 times before managing to stand up or walk (American Academy of Pediatrics, pg 260-261; Babyhood, P. Leach, pg 254)
Partnering with U.S. Olympic Families
For many U.S. Olympic athletes, bringing home a medal is not just their dream – it’s their family’s dream. Pampers is working with two medal contender athletes – U.S. Olympic goldmedal speed skater and dad to baby Hadley, Chad Hedrick; and skeleton World Champion and mom to toddler Lacee, Noelle Pikus-Pace – and both of their families – to share their Vancouver experiences from their babies’ point of view. Photos and videos will be uploaded daily to Pampers.com.
Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max
Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max is the brand’s first high performance diaper and the biggest innovation for the Pampers brand in the last 25 years. Pampers has invented the Dry Max technology and applied it to the current Swaddlers and Cruisers core, which allows the diaper to be 20 percent thinner than current Pampers Cruisers without sacrificing any performance. This hard-working diaper locks wetness away and is Pampers’ driest diaper ever. New Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max have game-changing benefits for mom, baby and the world. For more information or to request a free sample beginning January 29, visit www.Pampers.com.
Pampers Cruisers with Dry Max has:
* New Dry Max technology – our driest ever – to help lock wetness in up to 12 hours.
* Twenty (20) percent less bulk, making it Pampers’ thinnest diaper and our driest ever
* Softer outer cover for comfort inside and out
* Tapered design
* Sesame Street® characters (Sesame street® is a licensed character with Pampers in North America)
* Will be offered for the same price as current Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers (Pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer.)