I LOVE to sit down and read a good book. It has long been a passion of mine and one that I had hoped to pass on to the kids. The only one who shares my passion is Tate. When he was little you could find him under the covers late at night with a flashlight reading his little heart out. He was always so afraid he would get caught being up past betime. I always let him think he was getting away with something, because that is afterall part of the thrill.
When my family was asked to review the Literati wireless electronic reader we couldn’t have been more thrilled. I knew before it arrived that this would be one item that Tate and I would be fighting over…and I was right. One of the great things about it is that we can both be reading a book, and it will hold our place while the other one has it. I am not sure what I did but I have lost one book…inside the electronic reader. Yep, that’s me. Technologically challenged.
Tate is the one who actually read all of the instructions and did the majority of the set-up process. As I watched I realized just how user friendly the Literati is and how we should have invested in an electronic reader a long time ago. I wasn’t sure just how much we would use one, but now I realize that this is one device that we will never leave home without again. Great for car trips, waiting in offices or lines, or just relaxing around the house with a good book. And now we need another one. It is a fight every noght to see who is going to get the Literati at bed time because both Tate and I love to read at night. With the lighted/color display reading at night is easier than ever and I don’t keep Bric up with a light on or the sound of pages turning.
With access to more than 2 million books they have everyone covered, even the pickiest of readers. The Book store is easily navigated. You can see what’s in the Best-Seller list or search for a book you have been wanting. It also comes with all of the adapters needed to charge and hook up to the computer as well as with a nice case. Lightweight and easy to carry along anywhere! Here are some of the details of the Literati:
The Literati by The Sharper Image is a dedicated color wireless electronic reader
– all features and functionality were thoughtfully considered.
• The Literati is one of the few color eReaders and has a 7” color LCD screen (480
x 800 resolution).
• A built-in bookstore gives users access to more than 2 million books, magazines
• An SD card slot allows users to add storage (up to 8GB).
• The Literati development team is dedicated to ensuring users enjoy their Literati
for years to come. Ongoing updates and new features will regularly be added.
Sneak peek: In the November / December timeframe, a number of reading
enhancements will be available, including: Night-reading mode, custom
bookshelves and bookmarks and “dog ears” (a way to mark your favorite
• There is a storm of color content coming – everything from children’s books and
cookbooks to textbooks, magazines and newspapers.
• The Literati brings great flexibility to the reading experience. Not only can the
Literati store hundreds of titles, it also lets users enjoy those titles on their
laptop, smart phone and desktop computer.
· Features a 7” backlit color LCD screen
· Comes pre-loaded with 25 classics and includes a special coupon code for automatically loading another 125 pre-selected free titles directly into the Literati user’s account
· Has a built in connection to Kobo, a global eReading service with access to nearly 2 million titles (1.8 million of them free)
· Has a list price currently set at $159 (but look for some Black Friday deals!)- making it a great holiday items for the teens heading off to college or frequent travelers on your holiday shopping list
Attention Homeschoolers: If you have a teen who is studying the classics, almost all of the common ones that we use in our Literary classes are FREE! We have been using the Literati as part of our curriculum and couldn’t be happier.
The Literati also makes a great affordable gift for the readers on your Christmas list this year.
“I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of The Sharper Image and received a Literati eReader to facilitate my review.”