I have been horrible about sharing recipes lately…so I have decided that we will dedicate Sundays as the day to share a recipe. If you have a great recipe to share as well you can e-mail it to me at thepost-itplace @ hotmail . com (just remove the spaces) or you can leave it in the comments. If you e-mail me a recipe that my family absolutely adores…I will feature it here one Sunday for all to see with a link to your site…so browse through those favorite cook books and let’s get to cooking! Now, let’s gather round the table and see what we have for today:
Today’s recipe is one of those OH MY STINKIN HECK delicious ones that everyone will ask where you found the recipe and will you share it. Me, I got it from my friends at Nestle. Yes, I can say they are my friends…it isn’t like they read my blog to dispute that fact so trust me when I say, They are my friends.
You can be the hit of the party with this full-flavored take on the classic baked potato with all the fixin’s. The Carnation milk provides a creamy texture to a mix of hearty potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions. With this dish there are no left-overs. NONE. My Tate ate 3 helpings. Yep, it really is good.
Loaded Potato Potluck Favorite
* 8 medium potatoes (about 2 1/2 to 3 lb. total), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
* 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
* 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
* Sliced green onions (optional)
PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 2 1/2- to 3-quart casserole dish.
RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and half of bacon. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, remaining bacon and green onions. Bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
• This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Cover with foil and bake at 350° F for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated. Uncover; top with cheese, bacon and green onions; bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.