See who won HERE!
Have you ever used a mandolin slicer?
NO? You must be kidding. Well, let me tell you, it makes quick work of slicing and dicing.
Yesterday, I decided it was the perfect day for a big ol pot of vegetable soup. The way my grandmother always made it. So, I pulled out the OXO Good Grips V-blade Mandolin Slicer and got to business. First, I diced up some carrots.
Then some celery. And potatoes. And onions.
All done on the Good Grips V-blade Mandolin Slicer . You couldn’t ask for a better thing to have in your kitchen for slicing tomatoes or onions. For making homemade fries. For doing crinkle cut carrots. It is so easy to use and such a time saver! I can’t imagine any kitchen being without one.
And Voila! Soup! And this soup…soup that you have to eat with cornbread. That is the only way I have ever had it. I do not eat crackers in soup, although Mr. Technosavy and Smartypants…they like crackers, Me and The Princess we could never eat it with crackers. So un-Southern. Is that a word? Ummm, well, it is now if it wasn’t before.
Here is your chance to win a Good Grips V-blade Mandolin Slicer for yourself, or a loved one, cause this would make a great Christmas gift for someone. The great folks at OXO want you to be able to slice and dice with ease. Here is what their website says:
Features and Benefits
* Sharp, V-shaped blade of hardened stainless steel easily slices both firm vegetables like potatoes and soft fruits like tomatoes
* Four easily adjustable slice thickness settings: 1.5mm, 3mm, 4.5mm and 6 mm
* Julienne blades for French fries or fine julienne strips
* Straight, wavy and julienne blades conveniently store on board and remove for cleaning
* Bonus cubing blades for large or fine dice store in a handy box
* Soft handle and turning knob for comfort and non-slip feet for safety
* Textured runway keeps food from sticking
* Food holder securely holds food and protects fingers
* Mandoline locks closed and feet fold in for safe and compact storage
* Hand wash blades. Mandoline body and food holder are dishwasher safe
Visit the OXO website. Leave me a comment here telling me what you would use a mandolin for and what one other product of theirs that you would love to have (you never know, it might just show up next). Deadline to enter is November 14, 2008 at 5 PM EST. Must have a valid US address. Extra entries: Stumble this post = 1 extra entry, Blog about it and link to the contest = 2 extra entries, sign up for my feed = 1 extra entry. Please leave extra entries along with your link or Stumble ID in separate posts please.
Some of their other great products that I LOVE are: